J Times Four

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Leaps and bounds

It amazes me everyday how quickly kids learn and grow in short periods. Julia is now sitting up on her own-although every once in awhile she will get distracted and take a nose dive into the ground or a leap backwards.  But she looks up at us with those big brown eyes as if to say I meant to do that. She is "talking" like crazy and not crawling but moving around in circles. It is sad to say but with Jordan, I was all about documenting and anticipating each months progress and with Julia not so much. I know it's sad but at the same time I love it. She is a baby and they all progress at different stages. I may not be documenting her every move on paper but I have a head full of memories to share.



Jordan has always been a talker even though he is shy. But just in the past few weeks his vocabulary has exploded exponentially and his conversation level has increased. We went to Chick-fil-A for family night and the play place was out of control, so I told him it was "broken" and we couldn't play tonight. Well, we went back for their free breakfast on Thursday and on our way there, he said "mommy they fixed the play place?" I had no idea at first what he was talking about. Then he continued, "they fixed the play place so I can play today? Cause I couldn't play last night" Oh, with the memory and expanded vocabulary, we definitely have to pay attention to what we say around him more than ever. I love that he is now able to carry a conversation and that he is inquisitive about more but at the same time it can be a struggle to explain EVERYTHING to a 2 year old so that he can understand.

This week we learned how to cut with scissors. I have been hesitate with this one but he is a quick learner and frankly it is tough coming up with daily challenges for this one. He gets bored easily and catches on to things so quickly that what I think might take a 30 minutes to an hour for him is a 15 minute job. If anyone has any suggestions please share.

First time cutting with scissors

No comments:

Post a Comment