J Times Four

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Blessings!!!

We have so much to be thankful for this year the list is endless. Just to name a few that top the list this year are the birth of our sweet baby girl, Julia, in July, the start of a new career for Joey in pharmaceutical sales and me being able to stay at home this year with the kiddos.

We headed to Louisiana for Thanksgiving as we do every year. This year we had two kiddos on the trip and I prepared myself for a miserable 6 hour hike on Interstate 10. They did an amazing job to tell you the truth I think I was more stir crazy than them. Thanks to Joey's new Ipad, I was occupied most of the trip.

Thanksgivings away from my family have been tough and definitely an adjustment over the years. After growing up with certain foods and the traditional playing of games and watching football games and certain movies, I have definitely missed. But it is important that both grandparents get to spend quality time with their grand kids. My parents get to see the kids a lot throughout the year living so close. For that reason, we make the trip to Gibson every year to enjoy the country life.

It is amazing how much excitement a 2 year old can find outside playing in the country.
-running laps around the trees
-kicking the ball
-throwing the flower pedals so the wind could blow it away
-kicking the dirt and rocks
-riding the four wheeler
-watching the birds come and go
-waving at all the "big" trucks as they passed
-listening to the dogs bark next door

He also had just as much enjoyment inside with the new ramp his Papa built for him. He spend hours sending the cars and trucks up and down the ramp racing. We are so thankful for such a handy Papa in our life. He had an early Xmas from Mama with his shake 'n go Lightning McQueen and Tow Mater that he had a blast shaking and watching them drive all over the place.

Julia was the perfect little angel on the trip, as usual. Even when she didn't get her full beauty sleep, she barely made a peep, just watched every body's moves. I can not wait till she gets older and I can watch them both run around outside in the country.

We enjoy our time there and are so blessed to have such wonderful family in our lives!!!

Loving the ramp

Sleeping beauty

We may have a runner on our hands

Four wheeler riding

Kicking and digging in the rocks

Soccer with the guys

She loves me...she loves me not

Watching big brother outside

No comments:

Post a Comment