J Times Four

Monday, March 26, 2012

"Spring Break '12"

I pray to God and thank him for my blessings. Blessings come in different forms and this week was no different. We packed up and enjoyed a week away from home to go visit my "other" sister, Brook and my younger sister, Alexi. Joey had a meeting in Dallas for the week so I immediately thought of an opportunity to go see Brook and the crew. She so kindly offered to add three to her family for the week. So you can imagine how a week with five kids under one roof went...AMAZING!!!

I love that Jordan and Beck are so close in age. They loved playing together. They spent most of the time lining up cars and debating on who did what first, typical 2 year old boy stuff. I enjoy watching these two interact and seeing them grow together. I hope for many more memories from these two buddies!

Thanks Brook for an amazing time and tell J thank you for the wonderful food. We thank God for blessing us with The Alcorn family. Love you like family guys!

The second part of our trip was in Abilene where Alexi is attending college at Abilene Christian University.  Alexi and I went to the midnight premiere of the Hunger Games. What an experience and memory we will cherish. Nothing like being back on the college scene, to make you appreciate your past and present. We waited hours before the movie playing games with her two good friends Julie and Cara. Thanks for including an "old girl" like me. The next morning we went to worship/praise at ACU with Alexi. It was an experience to witness college students, community, faculty, alumni and family come together to worship and praise our God. It is one of Alexi's favs of ACU and am glad we could experience this with her. We visited the local zoo, Fort imagination, and enjoyed eating out-(we don't do it very often).

Thanks Alexi for an amazing blast from the past back in college. We enjoyed every moment and I am so blessed to have you as a sister! Love you!

These ducks come closer than we are use to

Visiting the Wylie library

Watching a video from the library

Thanks Mrs. Brook for taking mommy's reading spot for the week

Ky and Jordan on the trampoline

LOVING this-maybe on our list to get soon:)
love these kids

All five kids in one location was a RARE moment

Waiting on daddy in the car-they are so excited!!!
Eating OG bread sticks-YUM!!!

My silly kids in the hotel

HUNGER GAMES MIDNIGHT SHOWING

picture speaks for itself

Jacob's Dream

My two guys!!!

Hope for the Future

Posing for the ACU calendar

Love this picture

and this one too! I am not a photographer by any means but I love how in these two pictures I can see the strong bond these two have. Insert Mommy tears:(
Feeding the giraffes
Enjoying the zoo
Rare moment to see the lion actually moving

Aunt Alexi and her favorite nephew

That bird was real
family pic at the zoo
Sisters love

Fort Imagination
Sliding with daddy

Digger

Are we home yet?

Troublemakers. LOL:)

No comments:

Post a Comment