You will rarely see me cry, so when I first heard the phrase "sometimes you just need a good cry", well let's just say it didn't make any sense to me. Well, that is just what this mommy needed the other night.
This is how the week went: Jordan started off with a nasty cough which in turn lead us to the doctor on Monday followed up with antibiotics on Wednesday. Then followed Ms. Julia with a doctor visit on Friday diagnosed with her first ear infection. Poor baby. Let's just say we had a rough week of sleeping and napping because most of the day was consumed with suctioning,tissue usage, coughing and dispensing medicine. Did I mention Joey is out of town, as well. Let's just say I finally broke down one night after talking to Joey on the phone. My heart goes out to the single parents or those who have to raise children alone, because it has taken a toll on me. I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband that is a huge help in raising our children and taking care of us. I guess its true what they say, you never truly appreciate what you have till it's gone. Well, I truly am missing my better half.
The whole week wasn't completely awful. The highlights of week were a visit to see Santa at the library and at Jordan's teachers Christmas party. Jordan is at a perfect age for Christmas and am excited to hear and see his reactions. When Santa asked him what he wanted for Christmas, he responded, "A Happy Christmas!" It was such an innocent response and it made me smile. And it was as if he knew, because I was ready to tell Santa, that whatever he asked for he might not get seeing as he has been extra naughty lately. Both times, he visited Santa he was in awe and continues to ask, "when are we going to go see Santa?" as if its a daily event.
Here's to another week, hoping it's better than the last and understanding a good cry can help.

No comments:
Post a Comment